Terms and conditions - Frequently asked questions
T & C’s
You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to allow for the check-in times required by your airline and for any delays caused by traffic conditions. A2B Cars shall not be responsible for any delay caused by your failure to allow enough time to reach your destination or if the passengers are not ready for collection at the booked time.
You must order a suitable car size for the number of passengers and luggage. A2B Cars cannot guarantee to carry excessive amounts of luggage. Please note that a child, no matter what age, counts as one passenger.
You shall be responsible for the behaviour of all the passengers in the vehicle during the journey. You will be charged £100 to cover cleaning costs in the unlikely event of the vehicle being soiled by any passenger!
Eating, drinking and/or smoking in the cars are not permitted.
All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height. Suitable child seats should wherever possible be supplied and fitted by the child’s parents. Such seats may be retained by the driver for use on the return journey. Equally we can provide seats if booked in advance and there is availability
A2B Cars will not carry more passengers than its insurance or licensing allows.
A2B Cars shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey. Under no circumstances shall A2B Cars be liable (in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatever.
All luggage is carried entirely at your risk.
A2B Cars shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control. If the car breaks down during your journey A2B Cars will endeavour to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable.
You shall indemnify A2B Cars against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation, or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
A2B Cars will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and we will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated part way through the hire.
The Customer shall pay within 30 days of the date of the invoice. Invoices paid after 30 days but before 45 days will be subject to 20% late payment fee. Invoices paid from 45 days but before 60 days will be subject to 25% late payment fee on top of the 20% fee previously charged. Any payments not received within 60 days will be subject to a 250% late payment fee on the entire balance including all previous late payment fees. A court claim fee plus administration charges will be added to this calculation. Payments can be made by credit/debit card (preferred method) online, BACS. Should you prefer to pay upfront directly online by credit/debit card you will not qualify for 30 day terms. If a customer’s account has outstanding payments against it then no further vehicles will be dispatched until the account is returned to credit.
- Prices quoted and paid are for passengers being ready to travel at the booked time. We allow 5 minutes of waiting on normal bookings and 45 minutes on airports. 30 minutes from landing and 15 minutes of parking. Any extra will incur extra charges.
- Payments can be made by the following methods:
- Cash to the driver on day of outward travel for both legs of the journey, or by a Credit/Debit card paid in advance. This applies to local journeys to the airport. Journey’s involving a non- local pickup must be paid for in advance by card or cleared funds. We also accept bank transfers if this is easier.
- Prepay by Credit/Debit Card
- For all bookings made by credit or debit card there will be no charges added for processing.
- Drop off Process.
- All quoted prices include any drop off charges levied by individual locations. Our drop offs are based on being able to drop customers off outside their terminal.
- Airport pick up procedures.
- The cost of the minimum charge for customer collection is included in the prices quoted. These prices vary dependent on which airport used.
- When landing at an airport we ask the driver to contact their customers by mobile phone firstly, within 15 minutes of landing, this is to confirm you have landed and your mobile is working.
- Secondly for the customer to contact their driver once they have collected their luggage.
- Once luggage is confirmed as being collected the driver will enter the airport parking area and collect their customers from inside the terminal, assisting with luggage if required, on return to vehicle. This ensures pickups are made within the minimum charge period.
- If no phone call is received within 30 minutes of landing, we will assume that you have landed and have no mobile phone availability, your driver will enter the terminal to collect you.
- Should the minimum charge period be exceeded then A2B Cars reserve the right to charge the extra parking charges.
- Additional Charges
- Additional parking charges will be made at cost.
- Prices quoted and paid are for passengers being ready to travel at the booked time. Quotes include a maximum of 5 minutes from the booked time without additional costs for waiting time. Or 45 minutes on airport bookings.
- Waiting time is permitted to be charged after the five minutes has elapsed at a rate of £20 per hour with a pro rata of £5 per 15 minutes.
- If the arrival of our vehicle has been delayed for a pick up, the five-minute rule will commence from the arrival time of our vehicle.
- No additional charges are made for jobs after midnight or weekends.
- Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day attracts a premium rate of 50% of the normal tariff.
- Phone Bookings
- All phone bookings are taken with great care and detailed attention to ensure accuracy is maintained. Some of the bookings may be recorded for training and verification purposes.
- We will not be held liable for any incorrect information provided by third party.
- Email Bookings
- We will send e-mail confirmations to all our customers who book by email.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the information we send is correct and point out any errors.
- Fraud Prevention
- Any online credit/ debit card bookings will be subject to verification. No details of customer card information are ever held by A2B Cars. All transactions are carried out online within the secure card payment system.
- Vehicle Type
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that they order the correct type of vehicle to carry the numbers of passengers and luggage. If in doubt, please ring the company for advice.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for wrongly ordered vehicles and may at its discretion charge additional amounts to rectify mistakes.
- Additional Drop Offs and Pick Ups
- Additional drop offs, and pickups will be charged at the additional mileage rate for the extra miles.
- Booking Cancellations
- A booking can be cancelled in advance by giving a minimum 24 hours notice. For cancellation after the 24-hour time limit a charge may be made at the company’s discretion. All cancellations before this will be refunded subject to a 10% admin charge.
- Missed Flights, Trains or Boats
- If the passenger missed a flight, train or boat then they must inform the company without delay. No extra charge for this type of situation will be made unless a driver has been dispatched to meet the contracted job prior to the company been notified of the situation.
- Route prices are determined using the shortest route method under normal road conditions.
- Should conditions exist that effect the planned route then the company reserves the right to make additional charges, for waiting time and extra miles.
- Conditions referred to include but are not limited to: - accidents, unforeseen diversions, adverse weather conditions and mechanical breakdown.
- The company accept no liability for costs incurred by a customer missing a connection
- The company will advise customers of any known potential issues that may affect their journey.
- The company will advise an alternative journey or commencement time.
- If the company’s advice is not accepted, then the customer accepts full responsibility for loss or incurred costs for that journey.
Compensation due because of negligence by A2B Cars will be limited to the cost of the contracted journey.
- Will I receive confirmation of my journey? A: When booking if you provide a contact email address a confirmation email will be then sent out. But this is something that needs requesting.
- How do I pay? A: You can pay cash to the driver. Card over the phone or Bank Transfer. Equally if wanting an account this can be arranged to pay via invoice on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Do you provide a receipt? A: Receipts can be given by the driver or if paying by card can be sent via email
- Is the payment secure? A: We don’t keep any details on record and non of the phone calls with payments taken are recorded.
- Are there any surcharges? A: There may be additional parking charges if going over the allocated time, but this is explained in our airport procedure.
- Can I book a vehicle with a child seat? A: Yes we can provide a seat if needed but please check upon booking as the availability may be limited. Equally if wanting to use your own seats we can store these for you until your return trip.
- Do I need to tip? A: No, the price you pay covers everything. In the UK tipping is optional. However, on an airport journey in a booked minicab, you might wish to tip two or three pounds if the driver helps with your luggage.
- Where do I meet my driver when I land at the airport? A: The driver should of made contact with you before you have collected your luggage if we have a mobile number. If not then the driver will wait 30 mins after landing and then come inside the terminal and meet you inside with a name board.
- When do I need to be at the airport by? A: Every airport has a different time to be there some is 2 hours before flying some is 3 hours before. Your best checking this before booking your transfer.
- How much time do I need to leave from my flight landing to booking a taxi? A: Id recommend booking for the flight landing time and then the driver will make the correct judgement on when to come in based on contact with yourself after landing
- Do you need to know the flight number or terminal building? A: Yes we need to know the flight number and terminal number if relevant. This helps us collect from the correct place.
- Am I charged if my flight is delayed? A: The short answer to this is "not under normal circumstances". By that I mean if your plane is notified as having been delayed our dispatcher will pick this up and amend your pick up time thus delaying your drivers departure to meet you, avoiding additional costs. However should you experience a delay as a result of lost baggage for which you would be making a claim on insurance, then yes additional waiting time and parking costs would be charged, which of course you could claim back.
- I have a lot of luggage, will it fit? A: When booking if you have a lot of luggage please state so we can make the appropriate decision on vehicle size
- I'm a single female passenger, How safe are your drivers? A: When you travel with us, you'll travel with approved drivers only. These are the driver who has gone through a strict vetting process. All drivers have a minimum of 2 years experience. All journeys are logged, The details of the journey are comprehensive, and they include drivers details, pick up and drop off details.
- What is your Passenger Safety policy? A: Drivers have passed criminal record checks with the Criminal Records Bureau. Drivers have passed medical checks. Drivers hold valid EU driver’s licenses.
- Is the price per person? A: The price quoted will be a total price unless stating a price per person and a total price.
- Are there any time restrictions? A: As long as booking in advance there is no restictions
- How long will the driver wait for me? A: Your ride includes 5 minutes’ waiting time for standard pickups and 45 minutes for airport pickups (unless otherwise stated). Even if your driver has arrived early, your included waiting time starts from the time you booked your ride.
- What are ‘one-way’ and ‘return’ bookings? A: A one-way booking is a single journey from A to B, such as from the airport to your hotel. The price is based on the number of miles driven. A return booking is a two-way journey from A to B and back again, such as from the airport to your hotel and then back from the hotel to the airport a few days later.
- How much waiting time do I get with additional pickup and drop offs? A: Each via allows five minutes of waiting time per pick up, the driver may charge extra if this is exceeded. Costs are at the discretion of drivers. If you require additional waiting time, this should be agreed with the transport company before the booking takes place.
- Do I need to have an account with you to book a taxi? A: No we take a lot of private bookings but if taking a lot of trips we do recommend an account as then its easier to manage and you get added benefits of business discounts and monthly invoices
- Do I get a driver with a minibus? A: Yes we always provide a fully licensed driver
- How do I know you have availability? A: Make an enquiry and we will advise on availability. If booking for a popular event then its recommended booking with plenty of notice
- I have not received my booking confirmation email? A: Firstly check your spam folder then if you cant find it send us an email and we shall send another one out to you.
- How do I know the service is reliable? A: We have a lot of glowing testimonials and would like to think they do the talking for us. We do pride ourselves in being reliable and on time.
- Are your drivers licensed? A: Yes, it is required by UK Law that all taxi companies are licensed by the Public Carriage Office or Transport for London.